Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Single Women's 30 Day Blog Challenge Days 6 & 7


Day 6: Sound off on the quote “Every woman has the exact love life she wants”
I haven't heard this quote before the challenge but I have heard similar things like:
"Women set the standards for how you want to be treated" or "You get the respect you want"
Something like that
But in thinking about "Every woman has the exact love she wants"
Mmmmm never really thought about it. 
What is the exact love I want? 
- I want a love that involves God. I have to be comfortable about talking to God with my partner. This includes being able to share all of my thoughts about faith, being able to pray with that person, going to bible study, someone who will wake me up to go to church, and someone who wants us both to be closer to Christ.
- I want a love that can deal with my "artist" persona. I tweet about it. I talk about it all the time. I am an artist. And when I say that, it is more than just the art I create but how I view the world. I want a love that understands it even if they don't. A love that will ask questions about what I love about being an artist and want to be a partner in creating art. I want a love that will go to plays with me, listen to me recite poetry and be my audience when I am trying out new pieces.
- I want a love who won't judge me because I watch Disney and will watch it with me. (seriously) Real talk, it is a happy moment in my life when I can watch Good Luck Charlie.
- I want a love that loves being around family. I love my family. Everyone is welcome to my home and I think it is a point of pride that my family will treat you as if they raised you. If you get to know us, we will spoil you. I want a love who wants that and respects my family.
- I want a love who will answer the phone at 4am if I call because I can't sleep.
- I want a love that will listen to music with me and analyze it with me.
- I want a love that will inspire me.
- I want a love who will be adventerous with me. Where one Saturday if we have nothing else to do, we will just randomly go somewhere and take whacky pictures of our fun. 
- I want a love that will be patient, because I can be stubborn. A love that won't give up when things get frustrating. Someone who is willing to deal with the downs and willing to make things work. 
So back to the quote "Every woman has the exact love she wants". I know what I want, and I am confident God will send that person along.
Day 7:   Where you are in your life vs. where you thought you would be at this point
I'm not that good at planning ahead. I never really did too much with thinking where my life would be at 24. The closet thing I did was create a 5 year plan in my last year of college. I took a Senior Seminar class and our final project included laying out what the next 5 years would be. I created mine and was pretty satisfied with it. Now as I think about it, I really don't remember the details but the highlights were:
- Get a fellowship with a theatre company in DC
- Go to graduate school 
Mmm that's all I remember lol
I know in general that I really wanted to go to DC.
Well in reality, I never made it there. Actually right after I graduated, I went to Chicago. And then out of all places, I returned to Athens and began working at my alma mater. 
I have no regrets though. And when I think about it, sometimes it is better not to have so many plans. God always sees bigger and better things for you.
Isaiah 55:8-9 For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.
Join the conversation! Interested in joining the 30 day blog challenge?? Find out more here.


No comments:

Post a Comment