Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Single Woman's 30 Day Blog Challenge Day 10

Day 10:  Google the meaning of your name and talk about how it fits or doesn’t fit you.

I think that this day is my favorite so far. So I read a while ago that my name "Bridgette" or "Bridget" was of Irish origin meaning strong. 

Pretty accurate...lol. But seriously I think I have been created to withstand some pretty harsh things and throughout it all God equips me to make it.

But I did Google my name today and some more cool things popped up.

Here is what wiki says:

Bridget or Brigid is a Celtic/Irish female name derived from the noun brígh, meaning "power, strength, vigor, virtue". An alternate meaning of the name is "exalted one". Its popularity, especially in Ireland, is largely related to the popularity of Saint Brigid of Kildare, who was so popular in Ireland she was known as "Mary of the Gael". This saint took on many of the characteristics of the early Celtic goddess Brigid, who was the goddess of agriculture and healing and possibly also of poetry and fire.

Ok for those who know me. This is some good stuff right?

I think this really does fit me. I mean I really like the aspect of the characteristics of the goddesses. POETRY of course being one of the main ones. 

But the main words that my name means:
power
strength
vigor
virtue

I am proud to say that I possess each of those qualities. I am in no way perfect but I am glad that my name carries with it qualities that I strive to uphold each and every day. 

Have you been reading the blogging challenging posts? Go ahead and catch up now! But also if you want to join the challenge, read more here.

#thesw30



No comments:

Post a Comment