Friday, October 11, 2013

The Single Woman's 30 Day Blog Challenge Day 8

Day 8:  Five things that are most important to you in a future mate

Ok this is simple enough and I touched on a bit of it in the last post 

But here are five things that are most important to me in a future mate:

1. A follower of Christ

- I can't follow a man leading a path to hell. Point. blank. period

2. A great sense of humor

I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh, Maya Angelou


3. An attractive mind

- Ok so I will explain this one a little bit. I want someone who will engage me beyond their physical attractiveness. You can be fine all day long but if you are stupid, it's not cute. I need to have conversations with my future mate about everything! I want them to teach me things. One thing I loved about my ex was this he loved politics. I hated politics but I loved how he would talk about them and his passion would get me interested. I would find myself watching CNN more just so that I could talk to him later on about the subject. My future mate will need that. I want to have one conversation and feel like I can talk to that person for the rest of my life and not think I can't make it past the next hour.


4. Someone who is passionate

- Passionate about something. I always ask this to guys I am interested in, "What do you want out of life?" Some find it weird. Some have gave some crazy answers. Perhaps the best answer I got was, " I want to create a generation of artists". I was hooked immediately. Lol. But in all seriousness, a guy who knows what they want out of life and maybe not all of the details (because I don't know either) but is willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish that end goal.


5. Someone who is genuine

- Dishonesty is so unattractive. I don't need anyone to sugarcoat anything. Let me know the truth and I will make the decision how I will move forward. No matter what the truth is, let me know. Bump what society says is right. I need honesty from beginning to end and I promise you will get the same.

That's all I got. 

Want to join the conversation? Find out more details here.

#thesw30 #single 

No comments:

Post a Comment