Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Life's a Drag...well not really


So this past week in London has been pretty amazing!! I went to three shows and they were all wonderful in their own ways. Monday night I went to a drag show at this sketch place called the Cellar Door. The address to this place was Zero Aldywch street and we ended up walking past it. Why?? Well it is literally underground that has a structure on top of it on the sidewalk. It was fun though. I also got a chance to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert the Musical... AMAZING! I was thoroughly entertained from the beginning to the end. On Wednesday I went to the famous Shakespeare Globe Theatre and saw a very bloody production of Macbeth but I enjoyed it and was very glad that I was not in the orchestra pit.This post only covers things from Monday to Wednesday because of course I went to Paris for the Bank Holiday weekend. So here is the random list from last week and if you guys have any questions just let me know!!

1. I did not run, I walked briskly- Erin on finding out a crush she has was at the laundrette around the corner from our flat
2. Love is in the air and so it pollution. P-O-L-L-U-T-I-O-N Pollution Pollution- Cookie the drag queen we saw at the Cellar Door
3. Don't you wish your girlfriend could stand up and pee!- Cookie at the Cellar Door
4. I think I need to write a book on social cues- Kelundra
5. People don't know how to move to the center- UGA crowded bus formation
6. We went back to the old days last week, no hot water, no problem, time to boil water
7. When the funds run low, it is definitely ok to blowdry clothes in the room
8. I saw so many colors in the production of Priscilla Queen of the Desert that my eyes were tired
9. Favorite costume from Priscilla was the cupcakes...hands down
10. Money is honey and don't you forget that- Tour guide at the Globe Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment