Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's all in the Small Things


So I have made it safely back to the states and as I try to get over the jet lag, I begin reflecting back on my experience in London. I am so blessed and grateful for the opportunity to travel abroad and in London out of all places. Since my last post I got a chance to see Sister Act the Musical (AMAZING!!!), The Lion King (AMAZING), eat at a Gordon Ramsey Restaurant called Foxtrot Oscar, go to West End Live 2010, and act like a big kid at the Science Museum. 6 weeks is a long time to truly experience a place and I think I have seen all the ups and downs of London. This post is just to reflect on the small things I enjoyed in London. To my readers, I urge you all to experience visiting, studying, etc overseas. It is truly a great experience and I stole this idea from my classmate. I plan on filling up passport before it expires in 2020... who is with me??

1. Pre-sliced mangos for about 2 pounds
2. The ability to ride for two stops on the Tube and find myself in the middle of West End
3. Always finding something free to do
4. Eating McDonald's and not seeing grease and not having my stomach messed up afterwards
5. Being fascinated with flowers in the park and find myself taking pictures of all the ones I past by
6. Eating scones!!
7. Tea with milk
8. Going to 2-3 museums in one day for free
9. Covent Garden!!!
10. Getting my exercise on..because I was walking everywhere (oh how I have become so lazy in a matter of 2 days..lol)
11. People trying to guess which part of the states I am from
12. Costa Coffee (so much better than Starbucks)
13. Tesco Express (the smallest store with everything you need that is open for 24 hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment