Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Personal Manifesto

So thanks to those who read my blog these past two days, I appreciate your support. I'm not doing a whole lot with this thing but if a few words make your day a little better than I feel as though I can keep posting things.
Ok so last semester I had to take a Senior Seminar Class and an assignment was given to us to create a personal manifesto. Basically what it is a a summary of what you want out of life, your goals, how do you want to accomplish it overarching goal. In general it is really a vision of your life.

I really liked the assignment and I have kept this notebook sheet around me and I wanted to share it. These past few blogs I have really been evaluating the next phase I am going in life and along this journey I wanted to reflect on why I am here and the vision I am headed towards..enjoy!

LeaderShape Vision: Have a theatre in every county in the nation


"I am a bundle of paradoxes. I believe and I doubt. I hope and get discouraged, I love and I hate, I feel bad about feeling good. I feel guilty about not feeling guilty. I am trusting and suspicious. I am honest and I still play games." -The Ragamuffin Gospel


"My deepest awareness of myself is that I am deeply loved by Jesus Christ and I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it." -The Ragamuffin Gospel


I want to be...in, around, under, over, peeking through a window, squished between, voluntarily committed to the stage in every capacity that I can, and I never want to put my passions on the back burner.


I can't sit in an office. i can;t get up before 9 am (actually 10 a.m. is the better option) I need good food, good laughs, cool friends that I can have movie nights with, cocktail hours with, frequent resort trips with with us living out our dreams.


I want to mend relationships, forgive those who have done me wrong, lose this weight...grr, live near a city, make money that helps me live comfortable (well at least comfortable enough to see a play at least twice a month), and oh yes shock the hell out of those who say, "Oh so you are a theatre major...what do you want to do with that?" 



No comments:

Post a Comment