Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reflections: The People I need in my life



Sooo yeah I feel like every time I post to the blog, I am apologizing for not posting in a while. Well this time is no different but I think what I can promise is that I will keep posting when I have an epiphany moment. Which is why I am writing ...yay!

I will be posting this blog and one more within the next two days so for those who do read and missed reading my posts, you will get a double dose for fun.

Ok so lately I have been watching a lot of youtube videos. More specifically I have become a big fanatic of Phill Wade, Issa Rae (Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl Series), and Fly Guys.

These videos are a mixture of good music, good laughs, and good talent. (Thank you guys for making my days a little happier with your talents)

But most importantly the thing that stood out to me was what all of these individuals had in common:
Some good people in their life

Take for example Phill Wade, he has a good videographer/photographer/designer Mr. SpB2, legit people  who produce his music and perform with him i.e. TyReal  and Deric Anderson

Issa Rae has developed a phenomenal portfolio of film credits with the help of her friends and peers.

And as I began to think harder I started to notice other successful people, music or art projects that I love,  have all included a group of friends and peers passionate about their crafts and are now doing it big and have had an impact on my experience at UGA.
Shout out to
Jaspects
Lyric Jones
Nikkiyo Films
(Just to name a few)

As a lover of the arts, I often get frustrated at the lack of these type of roles, the lack of those type of films, the desire to do and be me in this industry and it was in the last few days that I realized sometimes I just have to make it happen. I need to get those people in my life and start making moves. Because I can't complain about the things I want to see if I do not create them. And I feel as though the people I have mentioned above have done just that.

So I have resolved to make a list of the people I need in my life. These people have been those who have  some great talents, who are determined,  and who can get things done. These are people who have been called to a great purpose to make a difference and hey I need to be around you.
To all those who read this I suggest you try this activity, get your list together. In whatever career path you decide to have, you need those who have a similar drive and mentality and want to create new paths instead of just following the footprints in the old ones.

The following is my list of people who I need in my life, (this is just off the top of my head) and if I forget some people no worries, if I need you I will call you. But these are people who I have encountered in my life in some form or fashion and are legit and in general we can help one another do better and bigger things.

-Kelundra Smith
- Elea Soler
-Elliott Dixon
-Josh Delaney
- Tayler Stanley
- Nathan Spring
-Chloe Zeitounian
- Mario Haynes
-Carol Kaboya
-Rebecca Marken
- Casey Bruce
- Al Heartley
-Harry Valentine
-Laura West
-Rasaan Wyzard
- Janelle Clinton
- Alfred Richardson
- Jenna Causey
- Tiffany Hobbs
-Cody Sanders
-Anthony Agbaere
-Milton Lewis
- Gregory Locke
-Jeffrey McNair
- Markel Davis
- Jake Young
-Paige Pulaski
-Adetinpo Thomas
-Adedolapo Adekunle
- Jordan Lewis
-Denver Blackwell

There are more but here this is a start....
Get your list together people and make some moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment