Thursday, December 30, 2010

AMC got money from me in 2010

Yes this is the second post I have done today but I had a great idea for a post and I wanted to go ahead and write it before I forget about it and well, just not do it.


I looooove watching movies. It started when I was young and my mother would buy any movie my sister and I wanted. Present day, things are pretty much the same and it is so bad that my mom and I will memorize the dates when movies are going to be released and she or I will be two copies of the movie to add to our collections. 


So thanks to a great movie buddy (shoutout to Kelundra) I saw some pretty good movies this year and I am excited for the ones to come in the new year. So what I have is my top movies for 2010, my wish list (those I wanted to see but just didn't) and those I am looking forward to seeing in 2011. If there are any movies you guys think I should add to my wish list, please comment and I will Netflix or buy it.


I must say that animated movies dominated the 2010 year for me so this list will be comprised mostly of some great animated films. So now lets get to it.


My Top 2010 Movies (in no particular order)
Toy Story 3- great finale to the series, I cried (like the sap I am) and it just felt good to watch it


Megamind- hilarious and not your average hero movie, loved it

Tangled- creative, funny, pretty in 3D

Karate Kid- - the scene with Jackie Chan and Jayden with the car lights and shadows, brilliant filmography

How to Train Your Dragon- did not expect for this to be so funny, glad I saw it

Book of Eli- refreshing, had a great message and just great (except for the annoying co-star..she bothered me slightly)

Despicable Me- OMG hilarious to the point where my boyfriend and I have inside jokes about it

Hot Tub Time Machine- I thought this was going to be soooo corny, but it was a great laugh!

Date Night- Tina Fey never lets me down and I have been bringing this movie with me to others houses

Just Wright-  one word: Common, and I will say, no write it again COMMON plus the thick girl wins!! (ha ha skinny hoes..lol j/k)

2010 Wish List
Eat. Pray.Love
Love and Other Drugs
Burlesque
Letters to God
Black Swan

2011 Excitement
Frankie and Alice
Rio
Cars 2
The Dilemma
Kung Fu Panda 2
Sherlock Holmes 2
Just Go With It
War Horse

On an ending note, I really want to see more black performers in film in 2011. (other than Tyler Perry) Not knocking everything he does ( I appreciate ya bra) but I want to see a variety of black films, black directors, black screenwriters doing it big in 2011. So please help a sistah out! 

Alright I think this will be my last post for 2010. Thank you all for following the blog and giving your feedback. I will do a better job of posting things in 2011. 


No comments:

Post a Comment